Some call it coaching. Others call it consulting. We call it small business strategizing. Strategizing is a combination of coaching and consulting that moves you to take action towards your goals.
You already know what a coach does. If you played sports, what did your coach do for you?
- Helped you focus on the goal (the next basket, touchdown or opposing team) so you could win
- Explained how important it is to give 100% at all times
- Held you accountable to give 100% at all times
- Helped you discover strengths you did not know you had
- Pushed you out of your comfort zone
- Kept you from doing too much at once
- Taught you that winning is about mental attitude, not physical strength
- Helped you build your self-confidence
At the end of the day, it’s not our physical strength that is protects the quarter-back or kicks the ball through the goalposts, it’s you and your attitudes, beliefs and actions that make it happen.
Consulting is advising. It’s telling you what we would do if we were in your shoes. In other words, we aren’t just showing you how to carry the ball (coaching), we’re also carrying it with you.